Weekend with Adirondack Life
Lake Placid, New York
API and Adirondack Life magazine are teaming-up once again to bring you a fun and informative weekend — a celebration of photography — in the Olympic Village! This is a wonderful opportunity to experience the unique beauty of the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks and learn first-hand from leaders in nature photography and regional publishing the latest tips and techniques for improving the quality of your images, as well as guidelines and advice for getting your images into print.
This one-of-a-kind weekend will include:
- Field trips to spectacular photo locations selected for their image-making possibilities, where API staff instructors will be on-hand to give advice, demonstrate techniques and answer your questions.
- Entertaining, informative presentations by Adirondack Life staff members. The magazine has won dozens of international awards for design and photography; you’ll learn about specific pictures that have been chosen by the judges over the years.
- Discussion of how to submit images for the wall calendar and eight issues of the magazine, what kinds of material they love to see (and are tired of seeing too), their in-house processes for digital correction and proofing, plus insight on regional publications overall as outlets for fine photography.
- Power-packed presentations by API staff instructors about the latest technologies and techniques for photographing landscapes, creating high-dynamic range (HDR) images, capturing and assembling panoramic images, night and low-light photography, expressionist possibilities with the digital camera, digital image processing, and more.
- Informal meals shared with API and Adirondack Life staff, giving you another opportunity to learn from the pros.
- A group show-and-tell multimedia slideshow, highlighting participants’ unique experiences over the weekend.
We are excited to have as our host the newly renovated and historic Hotel North Woods, in the heart of the village of Lake Placid. This is an ideal location for our meetings, meals and accommodations, with convenient access to field trip sites.
Don’t miss out on this special opportunity to be inspired by, and work with, some of the most influential nature photographers and publishers in the Adirondacks today!
Mark Bowie, Johnathan Esper and Joe LeFevre, along with selected staff members of Adironack Life
- Camera Skills Needed
- All skill levels welcome
- Computer Skills Needed
- No special computer skills are required for this workshop.
- Locations visited during this workshop are easily accessible and do not require any strenuous hiking or climbing.
- Group Size: 15 participants max
$550 includes tuition and all meals beginning with dinner on the first evening.
Deposit of $250 required at time of registration. Deadline for early registration discount is July 18.
Click here to register for the event online
Lodging is the responsibility of the participant and is not included in the registration fee. The Hotel North Woods is offering special pricing to the institute of $139 per night, single or double occupancy. Call 518 523 1818 for reservations make sure to mention that you will be taking part in the Adirondack Photography Weekend hosted by API and Adirondack Life.
For a detail schedule and more information on the event, visit the Adirondack Photography Institute website.