WELCOME, ADIRONDOGS (& CATS!)
The Hotel North Woods is happy to welcome your whole family, whether two legs or four. Our Outward Hound Pet Program is all about making sure your furry friend has a great vacation, too!
The Hotel North Woods Outward Hound program includes use of our signature, custom pet beds (available in Large and Extra-Large) and pet dining stations, as well as a complimentary, homemade Nutty Maple Bacon dog treat. We also provide each guest with a guide to pet-friendly locations and hikes in and around Lake Placid. Our area is filled with beautiful lakes for swimming and countless opportunities for walking, hiking and all sorts of adventures! Many shops and eateries along Main Street welcome pets, too. Or feel free to dine with your pup in our outdoor seating areas at Delta Blue and The Cabin Grill (outdoor tables available seasonally).
You may house up to two pets in each guest room. To ensure that rooms stay fresh and clean, we charge a $35 (+ tax) per stay, non-refundable cleaning fee payable the first night of your stay. A portion of every pet fee we charge is donated to the Joshua Fund.
Our Official Outward Hound Canine Ambassador, Liberty, is often on property to welcome you.
- All pets must be registered with the front desk. We LOVE pets! But we often have guests who are allergic to animals. To accommodate these guests, we also maintain pet-free floors and rooms. Therefore, rooms with unregistered pets will be charged a $150 deep cleaning fee.
- Guests are responsible for any damages to the room and its contents. The guest’s suite will be inspected for damages prior to checkout. If extensive cleaning or damage repair is necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, the guest may be charged additional fees.
- Our signature pet beds and feeding stations are available for your pet’s use during your stay only. Guests will be charged extra for any beds or feeders missing from the room upon check-out.
- Pet may be left unattended in your room. However, if you leave the premises of the hotel with your pet unattended in the room, the pet must be in a crate or pet carrier while you are gone.
- Pets must be on leash at all times when outside the guest suite.
- Guests are responsible for picking up after their pet in and around the hotel at all times.
- Noise/Disruptive Complaints – barking and noise that is disruptive to other guests in the hotel is not acceptable. Upon receipt of two (2) noise or disruptive complaints, the guest may be asked to make alternate arrangements for their pet.
- Please be a responsible pet owner. There are many pet clean-up stations installed in public areas around Lake Placid. They are always well-stocked with baggies.
THE JOSHUA FUND
A portion of every pet fee is donated to the Joshua Fund – a local organization that provides financial assistance for dogs with life threatening medical conditions. In addition, The Joshua Fund has partnered with several rescues in the Southern Tier of the United States to aid in the rescue of Labrador Retrievers from high kill shelters. Learn more at joshuafundinc.org.